Friday, July 07, 2006

Summer is here!

Yes! Summer is here and with it, the festivals are a-happening...

The London Lesbian and Gay Film Festival is about to tour Scotland, the Edinburgh International Film Festival is about to announce it's programme and the Cambridge Film Festival takes place this weekend... exciting stuff and it means that lots of great unusual films are on their way.

Talking of great films I'm looking foward to Pirates of the Carribean 2, Superman and whatever else the summer brings. If you see something great at the cinema (anything from mainstream blockbuster to obscure yugloslavian documentary or indeed anything else) then please add your review to bffsscotland.co.uk - I could definitely use some guidance in picking what to see at the cinema (or on the small screen - there are a lot of good DVD sales at the moment with the Odd Couple and Vertigo at £2.99 in HMV last time I checked).

Anyway, I have booked my Edinburgh Fringe Festival tickets, am reviewing the tapes for the London Lesbian and Gay Film Festival and looking forward to a summer of diversions in case the weather remains this patchy...

Enjoy the football and tennis finals!


Nicola
bffs scotland

P.S. I hear that A Canterbury Tale is on BBC2 this Tuesday - it's suppossed to be one of the best Powell and Pressberger films so I'll have the video set...

No comments: